How to start an Airline: New or Renewal of RPT License and an AOC from CAA Pakistan
- Get in touch with Tailwind Aviation (SMC-PVT) LTD., regarding the prospect of starting a new Airline venture in Pakistan.
- A preliminary feasibility report would be prepared, which would include a business plan and other details.
- Creation of a new company with the SECP, and completing company bank account formalities.
- Submission of application for a fresh License to Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for acceptance.
- Processing time of the License process at CAA can vary, but it is usually up to 8 months.
- CAA then forwards the application to the Aviation Division of Pakistan for further processing.
- A clearance is required from the Ministry of the Interior, that involves approval from the security agencies (Inter-Services Intelligence, Intelligence Bureau).
- The file (after completing other related formal requirements at the Aviation Ministry) is then moved to the Federal Cabinet by the Aviation Minister or the Aviation Secretary for the final approval by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- After approval by the PM; a new license is issued by CAA Pakistan, after which the newly formed Airline can begin leasing aircraft, hire staff and setup offices within the maximum 2-year time limit, while getting related operational clearances along the way from the CAA.
- Once the new Airline clears all the requirements; an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) is officially issued by the CAA; after which it can debut its first commercial flight.
Time Required to Setup a new Airline in Pakistan
It can take a minimum of 8 months to 1 year to get a new RPT license, and up to 2 years to get the required Air Operator Certificate (AOC) to start on-ground Airlines operations in Pakistan.
The speed of getting a new AOC however, depends upon how fast the client sets up its operational infrastructure, but the maximum cut-off time limit is 2 years.
Tailwind Aviation provides consultancy for a new Airlines license setup process
Tailwind Aviation Pakistan has provided consultancy to many new Airlines currently in the process of acquiring licenses in the country.